The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wepke
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wepke

The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri Empty
PostSubject: The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri   The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 2:13 am

MEANING OF DEAD LETTERS

(All the the pink is said by Lauri..)

1. First Day Of My Life

"Välähdyksiä Saksan kiertueelta. Katsoimme bussin takaosassa leffaa, jossa
tuli lause "through the darkness". Nappasin skeban ja tein kertsin
välittömästi. Biisi kertoo bändistä, rundilla olosta ja
haaveilumeiningistä."

"Flashing up from our German tour. We were watching a movie in the back of the tour bus, and in the movie there was a sentence "through the darkness". I took my guitar and made a chorus immediatly. The song is about the band, being on tour and dreaming."

2. In The Shadows

"Oltiin Vaasassa keikalla ja alettiin poikkeuksellisesti jamitella uutta
biisiä soundcheckissä. Biisi tehtiin loppuun lomamatkalla Thaimaassa.
Ruotsissa biisiä kuvailtiin Kentin ja Musen sekoitukseksi, mistä olin
tyytyväinen. Sanoitus kuvaa aikaa, jolloin elämän suunnitelmat on
valmiina, mutta silti kaikki on epävarmaa."

"We had a gig in Vaasa(Finland) and we happened to start play with one song in the sound check. The song was finished in a holiday trip in Thailand. In sweden the song was described a mix of Kent and Muse, which pleased me. The lyrics picture time, when the plans of life are ready, but still everything is unsure."

3. Still Standing

"Hengellistä vibaa. Puhuu edesmenneestä ystävästä, jonka tunnen olevan
kuitenkin läsnä koko ajan."

"Spiritual vibe. It's about a passed friend, who I feel like is present all the time."

4. In My Life

"Itsekeskeinen biisi, joka puhuu valinnoista. Miten olen muokannut elämäni
haluamakseni, enkä ole kenenkään kengän alla. Herätyskehotus ihmisille,
jotka vaan toistavat, että eivät tiedä mitä tekisivät elämälleen.
Lause "my victory is your defeat" on laina Killerin biisistä."

"Selfish song, which is about choices. I have made up my life like I want it to be, but I'm not under anyones shoe. It urges people, who just repeat they don't know what to do with their lives, to wake up. The sentence "my victory is your defeat" is borrowed from Killer's(finnish band) one song."

5. Time To Burn

"Ahdasmielistä tunnelmointia. Biisissä pelätään yksityisyyden menetystä.
Miten vainoharhainen fiilis tulee, kun ihmiset seuraa sun tekemisiä. Mitä
tuo ihminen tuijottaa, mitä mä oon sille tehnyt?"

"Narrow-minded feeling. The song is about being scared of loosing your privacy. How I become to suspect everyone, when people are following what you're doing. What is that person looking at, what have I done to him/her?"

6. Guilty

"Työ vie paljon aikaa. Ei jää aikaa vanhoille frendeille ja perheelle. Ja
kun frendejä sitten näkee, huomaa kuinka tylsä jätkä on, kun ei ole oikein muuta puhuttavaa kuin bändijutut. En ole superihminen, voimavarat ovat
rajalliset."

"feeling guilty, this job takes much time. It doesn't leave time from old friends and family. And when you then see the friends, you see how boring guy you are, when you don't have anything else to talk than that bandstuff. I'm not a superhuman, my strenghs are limited."

7. Not Like The Other Girls

"Kertoo ystävästä, jonka elämää olen sivusta seurannut. Tytöstä, joka on
kokenut paljon menetystä, mutta pystyy silti elämään normaalisti. Tytön
pään päällä tuntuu vain olevan liian paljon mustia pilviä."

"It's about my friend, whose life I've been looking at aside. A girl, who has experienced much loosing, but who can still live normally. It just seems like there are too many dark clouds over the girl's head."

8. The One I Love

"Oma pieni vitsaus. Luulen, että se on aika yleistä, että kun saavuttaa
jotain haluamaansa, haluaakin jotain muuta. Ei osaa kunnioittaa sitä mitä
on saanut. Pitäis ottaa järki käteen."

"My own little plague. I think it's pretty common, that when you achieve something you want, you want something else. That you can't respect that what you have got. I should be more sensible."

9. Back In The Picture

"On ihmisiä, jotka on kokenut elämässään jotain vaikeeta, mutta silti
haaveilevat. Vaikeuksista huolimatta nyt kuitenkin uskaltaa olla se mitä
on ja on sinut itsensä kanssa. Virheineen."

"There are people, who have experienced something hard in their lives, but they do still dream. In spite of difficulties you now dare to be what you are and you are ok with yourself. With your mistakes.

10. Funeral Song

"Puhdas rakkauslaulu siitä, miten olen satuttanut jotain ihmistä
useampaankin kertaan. En ole kuitenkaan maailman paras ihmisten kanssa
olija. Rangaistus tulee sitten unissa"

"It's a love song about that I have hurt one people many times. I'm not so good with people. So I will get my punishment in my dreams"

i personaly love this album the most !!! ..... I love you

The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri The_ra10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wepke
MustaVarjo
The Rasmus Fan
The Rasmus Fan
MustaVarjo

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri   The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm

In here I also have maaaany personal meanings to songs...
Maybe it was the album which cought my heart to be a fan *.*

Before I listened to Rasmus I needed the people around me... didn't have an own personality... but then I listened to "Time to burn" I started to think that it can't go on like this... I can't be addicted to other people that much that I dont really have an own life... so the lyrics told me that I have to change something... so I got the person who I am today Smile And today I live my own life... and IN MY LIFE I DECIDE!!!

"Funeral Song" is for me the song who tells about a part of my life...
I had a boyfriend... we were together, he cam eback... splitted.. he came back.. splitted... he came back... etc. Itwent that way for... 3/4 year... and then I listened to the words of that song and the chorous told me that I should stop it... otherwise I'd break myself... so I ended everything...

Just 2 (or 3 with "In my life"^^) examples what meanings the songs have to me Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suomen_varjo
Matt's Girl
Matt's Girl

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri   The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

I can relate to Funeral Song as it makes me think of the people i have lost and also the one i love makes me think about Matthew and i am gonna let him hear TR later this yr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri   The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri Empty

Back to top Go down

The meaning of Dead Letters by Lauri
Page 1 of 1