The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kerrang (spanish edition-translate) - december 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wepke
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wepke

Kerrang (spanish edition-translate) - december 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Kerrang (spanish edition-translate) - december 2008   Kerrang (spanish edition-translate) - december 2008 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:18 am

hey

there is a new Kerrang out with a nice article about are favorite boy's...
there is also a translation of it !!!..

Atricle

HAVE THE PAST THREE YEARS SINCE THE LAUNCH OF 'HIDE FROM THE SUN. WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN ALL THIS TIME?

With this album we gave 250 concerts in 36 countries. A whole year. After the tour we were exhausted. We felt the need to stop and think about the status of the band and especially that it was what we wanted to do. In some ways I think the stress we had blocked a personal level. He gave too much weight to the views of fans and critics. I remember reading reviews of reporters outside the group and have the feeling that his idea was going on the band was much more clear than mine. It was a confusing and my actions then, did not reflect my true self. Had slightly lost its way. We needed to stop and guide us on the path we take with the band. I went back to listen to my albums. I got into I-tunes, and I bought the (laughs). The feeling I had when listening to these old songs was of joy and melancholy. Each item brought me memories of the time at which it was composed and I realized I was not too late to revive that in the present. What we wanted to do is freshen things within the band with a clean slate. And then, as fallen from the sky, I received an email from us where Desmond said he wanted to work with us. Apparently we had been following since 2000 and had a clear picture of how we had to ring. An image that we ourselves had forgotten. Let's say we re composed. We have great confidence in him because he has already proven to have smell in the past. I myself am a fan of his since the discs he has done with Alice Cooper, Kiss or Poison marked my youth. Call it fate, karma or as you want, but the arrival of Desmond was the best that we could pass.

HOW IS WORKING WITH HIM?

The truth is that initially had only one concern: who wanted to become Bon Jovi. I wanted to make it sound like an American band. Much of our identity is that sound Scandinavian touch in the lyrics and the harmonies. Soon I realized that Desmond also likes the sound. Moreover, for some things is very anti-American. It has a very European mentality and his father is from Hungary (ndr her mother is of cuba). In reference to the sound direction for this album, we wanted to avoid distorted guitars and more emphasis on keyboards. In fact, the early models for the disc were made with synthesizers and we decided to stick with that sound. Basically we have taken as a reference the stage more dark and heavy Depeche Mode. Another change was the order. This time the letters came first and then the music. It was like in the conceptual albums of the seventies in hippie plan. Idee the first chapters of the story and then I composed the music according to mood transmitting each chapter. If, for example, at a given moment in history things became violent then invented an evil riff. Ultimately, it was the history that has shaped the disc and not the other way around. Also the order of the instruments was the reverse: first we did the string arrangements. After we recorded the bass and guitar and let the drums continue to compose the melody and then record their parts.
All this has been the result of endless nights spent with Desmond talking, smoking and drinking (laughs). I also spent a textbook used in schools of screenwriters in Hollywood. The book dissected classic films like "Star Wars", "ET" or "Titanic". According to the book, these films have the same structure. This structure is divided into four parts. The first is "the orphan": Luke Skywalker is an orphan. The character of Leonardo Dicaprio is an orphan and ET is alone on earth. The second part is "globetrotter", where the hero makes a journey of initiation that symbolizes his inner search: Luke travels to the planet Dagoba. Dicaprio rises to the Titanic and E.T. travels to the land. Next comes "The Warrior", where the heroes are facing all kinds of setbacks and finally, to "martyr": Luke just killing his own father and Dicaprio drowns. I give you these examples in the book but many more came, obviously. We use this structure to build the story.

THEN, WHAT IS THE STORY?

Although there are elements of fiction, the story is based on my own experiences, things that have gone on around me. The various characters of the story is a compendium of what I have experienced. It could not be otherwise because they could not climb on stage every night and sing with pasiñon delivery and the experiences of others.

THE DISCO HAVE BEEN FORMED AROUND THE WORLD. TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR ITINERARY

Most disc was recorded in Nashville, Tenesse, the capital of country music. I spent almost three months at the Desmond mansion (the house bigger than I've seen in my life, with his servants and all), then I recorded my vocals. I told you we spent a lot of time chatting and drinking and Desmond is not very demanding in this regard. It was rare to see the site full of cowboys. All seemed drawn from the same shop, as puppets of a factory with their hats and boots (laughs). It is a conservative and religious and certainly we feel like fish in water. You can feel the fact that outsiders would help pass the time of tension on the disc. I remember my school days when most of the guys did sport. Me and my gang were frikis who prefer to play music. It felt like we were us against them and that united us more. That attitude can do wonders for creative level. The album was mixed by Michael Wagner, who has mixed albums such as Master of puppets or Ozzmosis. With this record also our porpio study released in Helsinki. The guitars were recorded in Singapore since our guitarist lives there. We're going to play at Christmas so we can sing carols around a palm tree (laughs). He also composed and recorded the single Livin 'in a world without you in the Berlin last May. As recorded in the same studies where artists like U2, Iggy Pop or David Bowie recorded some of his records (ndr refers to Hansa Tonstudios). We spent three weeks in a small Greek island where there is no airport (with the helicopter arrived Desmond). The landscape, climate and food were an inspiration to us all. Sweden recorded a theme with Annette Olzon (Nightwish), but in the end we decided to leave him out of the disk as it did not fit into the story. It is a subject that was written eight years ago and since then had been looking for a vocalist. It is also what we had proposed to Tarja (Turunen) per she refused ... The very slut! ha, ha (ndr Lauri used the term "bitch" so we're not inventing anything here)!. It is an issue, very emotional and theatrical string section with including something like the duo of Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue (ndr relates to the theme "Where the wild roses grow" from the album "Murder Ballads" of 1996). I guess that we will use it to a soundtrack or something like that.

WHAT DOES THE ALBUM TITLE?

It's a thing between the protagonist, namely me, and a girl. It's the little secret that unites them. Fans also tend to throw roses at the end of the concert, especially the last two years, so it is time to restore the roses (laughs).

SUPPOSE THE CHARACTER OF LOVE WILL BE BASED ON SOMEONE WHO HAS KNOWN.

It's a long story and I've used elements from several girls who have met over the years. Probably not even I have lived the end of the story ... I hope so (laughs). In any event described in the final history is not exactly a happy ending.

HIM - THE RASMUS TOGETHER BUT NOT STIRRED

"Many people believe that there is tension between us, but neither do we fight like Oasis and Blur. The real competition is on to see which band will throw more underwear at a concert."
"There is some electricity between us because we both want to be the best."
The first sentence belongs to Ville Valo (Him) and the second to Lauri Ylönen and refer to relations between the two bands. The truth is that if there is tension in truth, they know very well disguise, because the two gangs have gone on tour together in more than one occasion and share the same management (In the first, The Rasmus was supported by HIM Europe, and the second added a Finnish tour with another band, as a support Negative) and put their voices to the service of other compatriots, Apocalyptica, in the single "Bittersweet" from his album "Apocalyptica" (2004).

5 THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT LAURI YLÖNEN

1) adores his older sister Hanna, who is a doctor. Not only have shared apartment but it was she who encouraged him to sing
2) One of his hobbies is witchcraft. He admits that he likes to read the pages related to the topic on the Internet and may the fact that only black paint on the nails of her left hand has to do with the movement of the left hand. He was also interested in the paranormal and believes in ghosts.
3) It is an unconditional fan of Björk. It has an image tattooed on his left shoulder. You still have not met in person. He also admires the lead singer of Muse, Matt Bellamy.
4) The black feather fans send by mail (it says it already has filled two boxes) and photos with their mobile numbers.
5) He admits that it is an impulse buyer and it spends large sums of money on things that do not use, but also knows that meticulously monitors the finances of the band (3 / 4 of income from royalties going for him ) and admits he has turned down offers to advertise succulents, especially shampoos.

Kerrang (spanish edition-translate) - december 2008
Page 1 of 1