The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rasmus - Aki at Ylex

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wepke
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wepke

The rasmus - Aki at Ylex Empty
PostSubject: The rasmus - Aki at Ylex   The rasmus - Aki at Ylex EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:59 pm

hey you guys,

Aki hakala was gueste at the Ylex show to introduce Ghost of Love as there Thirde single!
The is also Videos from this show and you can view them here:

Aki Hakala Backstage:

Aki Hakala Interview:

Translation:

Interviewer/Female: We have got a guest here in the studio. The drummer of The Rasmus - Aki Hakala, welcome!

Aki: Good morning!

Int/Male: What happened in the elevator? I heard this terrible rumble.

Aki: Yeah, I ended up in a weird situation this early in the morning. There was a camera there and I had to break the backstage.

Int/Female: Alright! Did that adventure in the elevator cause you any injuries?

Aki: No, I feel good and I'm still in one piece, at least for now! Unlike our singer who had a little accident last night. That's why he's not here.

Int/Male: Yeah, I heard about that. Lauri had to go to the hospital. What actually happened?

Aki: Last night I got a phone call from a friend who said they were in the hospital with Lauri. He had fallen off his skateboard. He had had his shoulder unlocated for three hours and he needed a strong medication. But he got it fixed. He sent me some sms last night in which he seemed a little crazy! It might've been interesting to have him here with his strong medication and all, haha! No but he's at home now and he's doing fine and we'll be able to do the Russian tour. So.. that's what happens when an old man tries skateboarding!

Int/Male: Yeah, how could you dare to let Lauri skateboard even though he's an old man!

Aki: Well, I'm not the right person to say anything about that as I've just started a motorcycle school myself and trying to get a licence! That's also a little risky if you're the drummer. Maybe it's some kind of crisis of being 30, so you want to try dangerous things.

Int/Female: So, in other words, the Monsters of Rock tour in Russia is still in danger as Aki might fall off his motorcycle any moment! Then the drummer couldn't use his arms!

Aki: Haha no, I'd rather fall on my teeth than my arms, haha!!

Int/Female: Yeah raise your hands in the air every time you fall.

Aki: I wonder what my grandma would say to that...she's always said I have very good teeth. Haha, maybe better not try.

Int/Male: So, next Sunday this Monsters of Rock tour will start in Russia. The three biggest bands on this tour are Alice Cooper, Scorpions and you, The Rasmus. How does Rasmus fit in this so-called granpa tour since both of those other bands have been playing for over 40 years?

Aki: Yeah, and Rasmus only 15 this autumn, which is also really cool, but it's still like a teenager in that group.

Int/Male: So is it the teenager who will be given vodka in the backstage?

Aki: We'll see what it's like, the audience and all. We've had some tours in Russia, the songs have been played on the radio and our videos have done pretty good on MTV Russia. So, we'll see what kind of sector we'll have there. I think it'll be pretty good. Maybe we'll do a bit more energetic show even though Klaus Meine is a pretty energetic guy too, if you think about his age!

Int/Male: Yeah, absolutely and probably very popular in Russia too. You talked about this sector which each band will have. Scorpions will obviously attract all the friends of soft-heavy and Alice Cooper all the friends of horror-rock. But what is the area of The Rasmus?

Aki: Hmm yeah, I don't know... I think we have a little bit younger audience and I don't think Alice Cooper and Scorpions will mind that. And we don't mind the older people there either! The situation is pretty much the same in many countries as it is in Finland. It's mostly young people who listen to our music and then also their parents. So, at a gig it might be so that the teenagers are on the first row and then a bit older fans behind them and then a bit older ones again. It goes like in sectors. And at the back there are their parents and in general all the people over 40 who think that we just have good music. And that's our goal. To entertain people! I think that big sensational thing in Europe has faded already but there are still some people who always come to our gigs and who may have grown up with us.

Int/Female: So we can't say that The Rasmus have been taken on this tour just to get teenagers at the front of the stage?

Aki: No, I don't think so. But who knows what they have thought. At least I'm really excited about going there since it's a wonderful country to tour. The Russian hospitality is the best in the world!

Int/Female: You've had tours where nobody drinks alcohol at all. And now you'll be spending the Midsummer's fest, the real drinking fest, in the country that is the origin of Vodka! So what'll be your alcohol plan for this tour?

Aki: Haha, I was hoping you wouldn't ask this! Should I give a rocking answer or a truthful answer?

Int/Male: First the truth and then the rocking answer!

Aki: I think that won't work because the truth is that we won't drink a drop of alcohol on this tour, haha. Honestly, we've wanted to leave the drinking part for others. You know, Eero hasn't drunk for twelve years or something. And we've also realized that it'd kill us to go there and drink too much of that Vodka. And anyway, we are already planning a new album so we want to take this tour as some kind of creative tour and try to come up with new ideas. And Russia is a country where we will be touring a lot in the future, so we want to show them what we're like.

Int/Male: What's the right way to refuse to drink any Vodka so that the hosts wouldn't be offended?

Aki: Yeah, that's an important question. At the table, you are supposed to leave the glass full and then they won't give you any more. But I guess you just have to give it quickly to someone else, for example to James Kottak, who is the drummer of Scorpions. I was in a bar with him once and he drinks like an 18-year-old guy! So, I'll try that plan, haha.

Int/Female: Ok, Aki, I think that was a good rock 'n roll answer, don't worry. So, you won't have much time to tour in Finland's festivals this summer. Do you feel bad about it?

Aki: Yeah, the Midsummer makes me feel a bit bad since it's a huge fest in Finland. People crawling already at 12..haha. Actually we'll play in a couple of festivals. In Qstock, which is actually a really nice festival, we played there once or twice before. And in Tornio. They are at the same weekend so it's really nice. We play in Hungary before that and then we fly to northern Finland. I think it's nice like that.

Int/Male: As you don't play in so many festivals this summer, what are you doing? You said you are already planning a new album. What kind of schedule and production?

Aki: Thank God, we don't have any schedule yet. We'll play these gigs first and then have a little summer vacation. Just vacation in general since we've played already about 80 gigs after this album. So it's getting close to 100 which is a good amount, I think, since we are travelling from place to place, too.

Int/Male: There are also rumours that there might be some kind of duet with Anette Olzon, the singer from Nightwish. What's that?

Aki:
It's true. We've actually already made it. We'll publish a compilation album in autumn.. the 10 latest years of The Rasmus. It'll include a single song with Anette Olzon. We also made a music video to that song. It's nice because there's been a lot of talk about this song already before, but it didn't really match the style of Black Roses. So now we'll finally get it out. It's a really nice song. A bit like some kind of murder ballad.. like Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue.

Int/Male: Thank you so much Aki for being our guest today and have a good tour in Russia and also a nice Midsummer!

THIS TRANSLATION IS DONE BY A GREAT GIRL INA !!! WE WANNE THANK HERE VERY MUTCH FOR THIS!!! ALSO WHEN YOU DO COPY IT PLEASE ADD HERE NAME EVERYTIME WHEN YOU REPOST IT !!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wepke

The rasmus - Aki at Ylex
Page 1 of 1