The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
The Northern Rasmus Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two new articels with lauri Ylönen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wepke
Webmaster
Webmaster
Wepke

Two new articels with lauri Ylönen Empty
PostSubject: Two new articels with lauri Ylönen   Two new articels with lauri Ylönen EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks to Oana and Reka, we can enjoy two new articles to read
from are favorite singer Lauri Ylönen.

Article 1:

Lauri Ylönen promises to behave this time at Linna Celebrations

The Rasmus Lauri Ylönen made a picture of himself with his phone’s camera for Aamulehti.
The Rasmus celebrates their 15th anniversary with releasing a collection album and with a gig in the sports hall of the Suutarila High School.
Where can we find the most fanatic The Rasmus fans?
-Maybe in Britain. There are a couple of girl fans who have been at 62 gigs. They are a bit older, oh well aged around 30 who wanted also to come to the celebration gig.
What is the strangest thing ever you have done during your career?
-In Taiwan i was live on the TV drinking some snake poison drink.
During the summer you’ve been touring with Alice Cooper, Scorpions and Kingdom Come in Russia. What kind of experience it was?
-It was great to be around our childhood heroes. Everyone was nice and really open. The 30-years of age difference wasn’t disturbing at all. Sometimes it was weird to see the same aged guys put the same make-up on their face…it was both sad and cool in the same time.
Who is taking care of your son if the mother PMMP’s Paula vesala and you are at a gig too?
-There haven’t been too much of those situation recently, because most of us band members have young children and been at kind of a paternity leave.
So you will be going to the Linna Celebrations?
-While i have been on my Asian trip i have got some couple of dresses that would do fine for the Linna Celebrations. This time i will go to the party with a partner. Last time i took a friend with me, Siiri Nordin. I thought you don’t have to bring at the party your lady. But apparently i have been forgiven. And i promise that this time i will behave.
The Rasmus will have their 15-year anniversary concert on the 23.11 in the Gym Hall of the Suutarila High School. Their Best of 2001-2009 compilation album appears on the 23.11.
Read more questions and Lauri Ylönen’s answers in Wednesday’s Aamulehti.

Article 2:

Lauri: I quit drinking

The Rasmus’ leadsinger reads stories for his son through Skype
Last year The Rasmus members spent their first summer in fifteen years without gigs. Lauri Ylönen could even get to enjoy his time with his one and half year old Julius son and at his girlfriend’s PMMP’s Paula Vesala’s gigs.
- When Paula is doing gigs i often take care of him.I can’t think of any reason why i wouldn’t be with my son in park making sand cake, Ylönen says enjoying the parenthood.
Fatherhood is in combination with touring, although being away from family for year long is not the most attractive thing. The Rasmus have been touring in Europe at the beginning of the year for several months.
-At those points i’ve been using the technology: i read fairy tales to my son through Skype. It might sound cold. I’m confident in the future about a free education, such as mine was.
Ylönen is actively writing new material for their future releases. The singer was recently in Singapore where Pauli Rantasalmi lives to put the pieces together.
-With this journey i got a perspective of how a good place Finland is. In Singapore there is a complete lack of freedom of speech, which is quite a sick thing.
Ylönen would like to also publish new material more often, since modern technology allows you to make good quality songs in in your own bedroom.
-It would be really a cool thing if the songs could be “printed” with a single press of Enter, and so the listeners can hear the first version. When you work on a disk for 3 years, it’s no longer needing to be improvised. I see the market is changing essentially, so publication of an album is not already a major event.
The Rasmus will celebrate their 15th anniversary with a compilation album and with a performance in their junior high school, where the band also had their first gig.
Ylönen sees that the band got more listeners when the song In The Shadows had success in foreign countries too.
- The following years then were some tough times. We had a booming energy, but were worn out after the gigs. I was really so disordered at that time.
- It was kind of a “foggy” time when after the gigs we had to consume a lot of alcohol. Now i quit drinking for six months already, Ylönen says.
The Rasmus was about to split before their world fame came.Today, it would be an impossible thing.
-I feel that friendship kept us together. This become a great part of the life, without which life would seem really boring. I would be sad to leave for a solo career.
-It would make more sense to say to “retire” for a long time from doing gigs, than to make a lot of people’s eyes full of tears, and then come back after years from now. If it would be for us to break up, we would surely only retire for a long break.
The Rasmus’ Best of 2001-2009 appears Wednesday 25.11. The band will have a gig in Suutarila High School Monday 23.11

Translation by Reka

source: Lauri Ylönen wordpress
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wepke

Page 1 of 1